Yu-Gi-Oh Charmer/Spirit Envoy Forum

Please log in or create an account!

Newcomers are always welcome!~

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in or create an account!

Newcomers are always welcome!~

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the fans of the Elemental Charmers/Spirit Envoy\'s from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 84 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:40 am

Poll

Latest topics

» Your Character Bio's
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:58 am by Yuji

» Yu-Gi-Oh! - A Shifting Era (RP, Sign Ups).
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 11:11 pm by Yuji

» The Trio's Story...
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:15 am by Yuji

» GX Duel Academy Roleplay
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 12:41 pm by Ayai-chan

» [NEW CARD / SECRET OF ETERNITY/HYPE] Finally, a Charmer Support card!
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 6:14 am by Yuji

» [Project] Let's ask Akina!
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:11 pm by Yuji

» Voice Actor's/Seiyuu's for you OC's?.
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:54 am by CriticalHit

» Requests for Forum Activity
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:31 pm by Ayai-chan

» New ghostrick card in primal origins
Charmer RPG Game?. EmptySat May 10, 2014 12:31 pm by Charmer Lover

2 posters

Charmer RPG Game?.

Yuji
    Yuji
    Hiita's Pet
    Hiita's Pet

Charmer RPG Game?. Empty Charmer RPG Game?.

Post by Yuji Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:37 am

I kid you not, I was just browsing some vids on Nico, and one of them had a link to a Charmer RPG download (Dunno if it's the same one as "those who's name shall not be spoken" were talking about...), Downloaded, and aside from a couple minor nitpicks, it seems like it could be fun, apparently you can swap between any of the four as you go into Doriado's place, or into a Dungeon, You can play as Lyna and Dharc to, but I'm assuming you get them later on. Bonus is, they have Voices when attacking and getting hit.

Link to download
    Password is "Dryad", just type that in and click the button below it, Next will be the simple "Human Test", I think, it gives a number, and there are 2 buttons, I'm guessing it's a simple "Is this number Odds or Even" kind of thing.

Also, RGSS200J.dll will be needed, as well as RPGVX RTP, I have download links for the both of them.
    RGSS200J.
    RPGVX RTP.
    I have tested both these downloads on my mother's Laptop, and both seem to work just fine with no problems.

Controls:
    At home:
    Z = Communicate, though the entire thing is Japanese obviously, lol.

In Dungeon:
    Z = Magic Attack.
    X = I assume it's powering up into Familiar-Possessed mode.
    A + <- or -> = Switches between the items you have picked up, Items I know of so far, include a Genie-looking Lamp (+10 HP Recover), A Staff (Escapes the dungeon and returns to Doriado's house), And a Key (Used to unlock those big doors blocking paths).
    S = Uses an Item you picked up.
    Shift = Pauses the game.

My minor nitpick is, when you go to attack a enemy, you can easily get stuck in place unless you time it right, and end up taking 2-3 hits from an enemy, and you only start with 30 health, But once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you'll be fine, lol.

Menu Translation from what I can tell:

Menu when going into the house/Dungeon:
    Asks if you want to go in,
    -Yes.
    -No.

Menu AFTER you select Yes.
    Basically asks which Charmer you would like to be:
    -Eria the Water Charmer.
    -Hiita the Fire Charmer.
    -Wynn the Wind Charmer.
    -Aussa the Earth Charmer.

Magic Circle at Doriado's House:
    -Save.
    -Exit to Main Menu..
    -Cancel.

As for the Familiar-Possessed mode, as far as I can tell, each does something different as far as I can tell.
    Eria: I don't exactly know yet, I will have to test it more, but if someone finds out before me, lemme know, I'll list it here and credit ya XP.
    Hiita: Seems to be a Stat/Damage Increase, as usually I end up killing enemies quicker, and sometimes seem to take a little less damage.
    Wynn: Seems to be a movement speed increase so far, Dunno if it does anything else.
    Aussa: She seems to gain a HP Regeneration, It might also do something else, but I don't know yet.
    Lyna: Dunno, Haven't got her yet.
    Dharc: Dunno, Don't got him yet.

Oh yes, I will also provide a Mediafire link, in case anyone has trouble first "installing" the game, or however you'd want to say it XD. Just ignore the save file already on there, as it's just a save I made like, quite literally at the start after selecting Hiita......XD.
    Download Link.

Hiita "How did I know you'd choose to play as me....>.>"

You should know already......XD.

Last edited by Yuji on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a couple details.)
    CriticalHit
    CriticalHit
    Charmer Mod
    Charmer Mod

Charmer RPG Game?. Empty Re: Charmer RPG Game?.

Post by CriticalHit Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:12 am

Various notes.

--Charmers--
    >I don't see a difference between the Charmer's "stats", but Aussa seems slower than the others.
    >The airship used by the Charmer looks cool. Any idea what card it is?
    >Space also works to attack. Not seeing any difference in the power of the attack.
    >The japanese text displayed when pressing X (霊術)matches up with the translation of "Spiritual Art" from the wiki.
    >Casting a Spiritual Art decreases the counter next to the coloured orb on the top right of the screen. Maybe it's the Charmer's mana?
    >Hiita's Spiritual Art appears to be a damage boost, I had much less trouble defeating a Wood Enemy.
    >Eria takes much less damage after casting her Spiritual Art. A Defence buff, maybe?
    >Aussa definitively regenerates life after casting her Spiritual Art.
    >Wynn definitively moves faster after casting her Spiritual Art.

--Bestiary--
    >>Wood Dungeon
    > Woodland Sprite (リーフ・フェアリー)/Wood Enemy: Deals 3 damage, attacks by being right next to you.
    > Pixie Knight (ピクシーナイト)/Fairy Enemy: Deals 4 damage, attacks with some kind of sword.
    (I'm not freaking trying to find enemy names by painstakingly find characters in a list to reconstitute their names anymore. We should try finding a decompiler to translate the thing.)

--Other--
    >The layouts of the dungeons seem to be fixed and not random.
    >The magic circle also regenerates HP and mana.
    >It took Hiita roughly 8 to 9 enemies defeated to level up, and she recieved a increase of 2 LP. Defense increased : The damage dealt by a Fairy Enemy now was 3 instead of 4. Not sure about attack.
    >You can go back inside the house to talk with Doriado. First option appears to be a short tutorial on the controls, the seconds appears to be the Spiritual Art's descriptions, the third, the descriptions of the items, the last closes the discussion.
    >Checking the poster next to Doriado brings up some screen with the characters you've met - Choose one with the cursor and press X to get their name. (will be useful to identify monsters)

Seriously, a Charmer RPG? I don't care about the fact it's in Japanese and that we know next to nothing about it, it's awesome. Plus, I'm sure it'll bring some activity. Could you send a link to the video where you first saw the download, Yuji?
    Also, how about making a dedicated forum section for the game?
    I mean, it's really well made and if nobody else tries to document the stuff, we'll have to.
    Yuji
    Yuji
    Hiita's Pet
    Hiita's Pet

Post by Yuji Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:19 am

I got the DL Link from This video, It's Nicovideo, so to watch the video you'll have to make a account, I've seen the Website in English every now and then WITHOUT a translators help, so it shouldn't be that much trouble to make an account o.o.
    CriticalHit
    CriticalHit
    Charmer Mod
    Charmer Mod

Post by CriticalHit Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:35 am

More notes:

>XP is shared between characters, so you don't have to grind all Charmers
    >Your basic attack can hit up to two squares ahead ; remember this to avoid getting too close to enemies and/or blast them from behind a rock or something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm