Yu-Gi-Oh Charmer/Spirit Envoy Forum

Please log in or create an account!

Newcomers are always welcome!~

Forum for the fans of the Elemental Charmers/Spirit Envoy\'s from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Poll

Latest topics

» Your Character Bio's
Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:58 am by Yuji

» Yu-Gi-Oh! - A Shifting Era (RP, Sign Ups).
Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:11 pm by Yuji

» The Trio's Story...
Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:15 am by Yuji

» GX Duel Academy Roleplay
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:41 pm by Ayai-chan

» [NEW CARD / SECRET OF ETERNITY/HYPE] Finally, a Charmer Support card!
Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:14 am by Yuji

» [Project] Let's ask Akina!
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:11 pm by Yuji

» Voice Actor's/Seiyuu's for you OC's?.
Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:54 am by CriticalHit

» Requests for Forum Activity
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:31 pm by Ayai-chan

» New ghostrick card in primal origins
Sat May 10, 2014 12:31 pm by Charmer Lover

Dream of Someone's Game

ruroken77
    New Charmer
    New Charmer

Location : At the Probending Arena with the Fire Ferrets fan club

Dream of Someone's Game

Post by ruroken77 on Wed May 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Hey guys. I got the idea for this story after reading Crystallized's, and seeing as this is actually my very first (more of an artist than a writer), I wanna see what you guys think. Constructive criticism is welcome, just nothing too bad okay? Oh, and don't post in here. This is just for the purpose of my story. Also, just so you know, this is in Aubrey's (a.k.a my) P.O.V. so you don't get confused about who the narrator is.

Chapter 1: A Children's Card Game

The following morning, after the incident outside the video game store

Aubrey... Aubrey... A voice called out to me, but I didn't care. I was too tired, especially after what happened yesterday. No, I have to forget about that. It was just a dream. Spirits don't live inside cards... Do they? "AUBREY!" "GAH!" I screamed as I fell out of bed, startled. "Ow! What do you want, Ethan?" Meet Ethan, the pain-in-the-butt that is my little brother. He's always trying to wake me up like this, even on weekends. If only he'd be a little more merciful to my ears. "We're gonna be late for school if you don't move your lazy butt!" he replied. "School? It's Saturday isn't it?" I asked, pulling myself off the floor. "Not anymore," he said, gesturing toward the calendar that hung beside my bed. "GAH! THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! NO TIME FOR A SHOWER! I HAVE TO GET DRESSED! OUTOUTOUTOUTOUT!" I shouted, shoving him out the door. Yes, my first day of school. Junior high, to be precise. At least I won't have to go very far, seeing how the junior high and elementary kids share the same building. Come to think of it, Ethan won't be very far either. Just great...

I quickly brushed my teeth, grabbed my backpack, deck box, and duel disk, and raced toward the front door as fast as I could. "Come on, Ethan! We're gonna miss the bus!" I shouted. "All right already! Geez, you don't need to shout," he replied, standing behind me. "Gah! Yeah, well, you could use a volume adjustment yourself, Mr. Alarm Clock. My ears are still ringing a little." Opening the door for the first time in two-and-a-half months made me a little nervous. It's always been like this, ever since kindergarten. I should've been used to it by now, but I never get a chance to adjust until the first month or two into the school year, and even then, I haven't completely adapted to the school scene, even if it is in the same building as last year. Where are we going today, Aubrey? a strange voice asked. "School, remember?" I replied. "Who are you talking to?" Ethan asked. "You, idiot! Who else would I be talking to?" "But I didn't say anything," he answered. "Yeah you did." "No I didn't!" "Didn't you just-" "Not a word!" he interrupted. Weird, I could've sworn he said something. I was completely and utterly confused... And then it spoke again. He didn't say it, I did. Materializing right before my eyes was the same spirit that appeared yesterday outside of the video game store.

"GAH!" I stumbled backwards, almost making Ethan fall down, had he not caught me when he did. "What's wrong? You look you've seen a ghost or something," he finally said. "I-it's r-real!" I muttered to myself. "What?" he asked. "Did you see that?" I asked, trying to stand up. "See what?" he wondered. "Him! The guy standing right there!" I pointed in the direction of the samurai-clad spirit, trying to show Ethan. "I don't see anything," he replied. "You can't be serious. You honestly can't see him? He sticks out like a sore thumb!" "I don't know what you're talking about, but if we don't get to the bus, Mom will have our heads," he said, turning to walk down the stairs. I couldn't believe he didn't see what just happened, but he was right. There'd be heck to pay if our mom caught us still standing on the porch. "You coming or what?" he asked. "Uh... yeah. Right behind ya," I finally said. And then I noticed something.

"Where's your deck box?" I asked. He was silent for almost five minutes, and then he finally spoke. "You know, I'll be in junior high next year." "Yeah. So?" I asked. It wasn't that big a deal, everyone his age will be in junior high next year. It was what he said next that took me for a loop. "I don't think... that... I should play Duel Monsters anymore." I was stunned. My little brother not playing Duel Monsters? He loved it as much as I did. Him not playing is like saying our mom died or something. "It's not that I don't want to. I do, but this children's card game is getting a little boring, especially playing with you." "Boring!?" I finally said. "Dueling me is boring!? Who was the one that taught you how to play this children's card game!?" "You," he replied. "And who was the one that gave you duplicate cards if she already had four of them in her deck!?" "You," he said, regretting he ever brought it up around me. "That's right! Now if you'll excuse me... I think I'll go play this children's card game with some new friends! Friends who will appreciate it as much as you used to!" I said, pushing him out of the way.

Chapter 2: A New Day for Dueling

The entire bus ride to school was enfuriating. Not only did we have to ride the same bus, but he actually tried sitting next to me. Like I even care what he does now. I just hope he stays as far away from me as possible... if he knows what's good for him. I need to just forget him and start making new friends that don't think I'm boring. What's the matter, Aubrey? the samurai asked, appearing from my deck box. "Go away. I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now... What was your name again?" I wondered. Check my card. he answered, gesturing to my deck box. I opened it, and pulled out the card he referred to. "Samurai Sword Baron... How about I call you Baron?" That's fine with me, he replied. "So, Baron, how exactly do you know my name?" I heard your brother trying to wake you up earlier, he replied. I turned, and gave him a somewhat evil look. "If you ever mention that person around me again, your card is kindling," I threatened.

I'm sorry. I didn't know. He started to regret bringing him up. "Don't worry about it. You didn't happen to see us arguing back there, did you?" I tried to calm down. I figured getting mad at a spirit would only make me look crazy, if I hadn't been already. Unfortunately... Honestly, I wish I hadn't. "Well, then, why did you? Nothing was stopping you from just going back into your card or whatever it is that you do when you disappear," I said, wondering why he watched us go back and forth. He stayed silent, unable to come up with a reason. "That's what I thought." Why were you arguing? "I'd rather not talk about it. Besides, we're at the school, so you might as well wait until classes are over if you wanna get to know me."

I tried not to look Ethan in the eye the whole day, but it's kinda hard when he just stares at you relentlessly. If he wants an apology, he's not getting one. Not from me at least. "All right, Stygian Sergeants, attack him directly!" I said, finishing up the duel. None of my closest friends from elementary school knew how to play Duel Monsters, which was why it was so easy to win that duel. It wasn't the same as dueling with Ethan though. I have to stop thinking about him. It'll only make me regret what I did. "Hi. What's your name?" I heard voice from behind me that sounded feminine. "Aubrey. And you?" I asked as I turned around. "I'm Amy." she replied.

Chapter 3: A Friend That Duels is a Friend That Rules

"What was that game you were just playing? It looks cool." "You mean Duel Monsters? Yeah it is. Although, most people like to think it's boring!" I shot Ethan a quick look and turned back to Amy. "You wanna play?" "Uh... sure... but I don't know how to play." She seemed embarrassed to tell me. "Yeah... they all say that. I'd be happy to teach you though. Do you have a deck?" I was hoping she did; she seemed so willing to play, and yet... "Actually I don't. I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of 'Duel Monsters' until just now." "Oh... okay... maybe some other time then." I was disappointed. I thought I'd finally found someone I could duel with, someone I could call a friend. Then I remembered something... "Wait... Uh... Would you like to come over my house later? I just remembered something that I'd like to show you." "Um... sure. I guess."

And that, as they say, was that. I remembered that we, that is to say, I, had some extra cards that weren't being used, and decided to let her borrow them for a while. I hadn't thought about it this way before, but looking back on it now, after all these years, it was Duel Monsters that drew her to me, that made us into the greatest friends you would ever see in a lifetime. I'll have to admit, she's no Ethan, but it's better to have someone that appreciates your hobby, even if they're not into it, rather than someone who doesn't. And that's all I could ever ask for.

The End

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:45 am